Friday, March 3, 2006

balance

The universe has a way of balancing itself out. Here's a very microscopic example: recently at work I lost some money in the soft-drink vending machine. It took my dollar bill and didn't give me anything in return for it. (I know!) Then today I tried to buy some almond M&Ms from the candy vending machine with 60 cents in change because (1) I've never had them before and (2) I can never have enough sugar in my system. Well, the machine wouldn't let me have them. So I pushed the coin return button to give me back my 60 cents. What came out of the slot? One dollar and 35 cents. A 75-cent profit, people!

The universe is balanced once again. 'Bout time. (Never mind the time in December when I got eight Cokes for the price of one from the vending machine. I don't want to know how the universe is going to collect that debt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment