Thursday, August 31, 2006

survey (for me, not you)

I just took an online survey for Sony BMG. Here is my resulting "music profile":

"When it comes to music you are an engaged and close listener. The things that move you in a song are often the small or subtle elements that others don't pay attention to. You extend these listening skills to your many friendships, always careful to hear what people are communicating—both what's said as well as what's not being said. While you're not one to proactively tell people about all of the music on your personal playlist, you are often sought out as a trusted resource for opinions and advice on different albums or artists. You like being surrounded by people, and when asked, you're comfortable introducing them to the music you're into, opening their ears to what they may not have heard before. "

Well, the profile got one thing right: "not ... proactive." And I'm not sure which question I answered that gave them the impression I "like being surrounded by people." Then again, they never directly asked, "Are you an agoraphobe?" Corporate-music-label surveys usually don't.

1 comment:

  1. I would like your opinion on different albums and artists. I'm asking you, because otherwise, I'd be waiting forEeeever.
    P.S. I'm sure Chicago has a few delivery services for shut-ins.

    ReplyDelete